top of page
THIRSTY?.... Should your reach for WATER or a COKE?
Here's some information that we found floating around the internet. It may be "urban legend" but we do know that, due to the use of phosphoric acid, Coke is a actually more acidic than lemon juice or vinegar. The vast amount of sugar (15 teaspoons in a 20 ounce bottle!) acts to cover-up the acidity.
· 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
· In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
· Even mild dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
· One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters in a University of Washington study.
· Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
· Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
· A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
· Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, and lower the risk of developing bladder cancer by 50%.
· In many states, the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in a truck to remove blood from the highway
after a car accident.
· You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
· To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The acids in Coke remove stains from vitreous China.
· To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
· To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
· To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
· To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
· For Your Info: The active ingredients in Coke are Phosphoric acid and Citric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
· To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate), a truck must display Hazardous Material placards identifying highly corrosive materials.
· The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
Now the question is, would you like a Coke or a glass of water? Have A Great Day.
bottom of page